New To District Registration & Schedules

New Student Registration

Online Registration is only for students who have not attended a Jordan School District School in the last year. If you are coming from a school within the district, skip the online registration, and come directly to the school.

The online part of registration may be done on a home computer or here on a school computer. Registration will be complete only after you bring all required documents to the school (see below), pay school fees, and meet with a counselor to finalize a class schedule.

  1. Enrollment Website

  2. Home Address
    • Make sure your current address is in the boundaries for Hidden Valley Middle School (HVMS).
      • Find the “Boundary Locator” link on the Enrollment page.
      • Ctrl-click on the Boundary Locator link to pop it up as a new tab, click on this tab.
      • Click on the “Find your SCHOOL & BUS STOPS” icon.
      • Type in just your house number and street name and click the “Go” button.
      • Check that Hidden Valley Middle School is in the list of school names that appear.
        • If it is, skip to step 4. If not, go to step 3.
  3. School Choice Info (if not in boundaries)
    • If your current address is NOT in Hidden Valley Middle School (HVMS) boundaries, please be aware that HVMS is currently full and not accepting students on a permit.
    • More information can be found on the JSD Enrollment Page:
      • Ctrl-click on the “School Choice/Open Enrollment” link and click that tab for more information.
      • Ask to speak with the Principal or a Vice Principal if you have more questions about your child attending HVMS.
  4. Required Documents
    • Though the online enrollment portion can be done from home any time, your registration will be on hold until the following documents are brought in to the school for photocopying:
      1. Proof of Residency: a mortgage statement or rent receipt.
        • For more info, see the JSD Enrollment Page, “Proof of residency” link. Ctrl-click the link to pop it up as a new tab and see the list of accepted documents for proof of residency.
      2. Original Birth Certificate
        • If your child’s previous school was in the Jordan School District, you may provide a photocopy. Otherwise, you must provide an original.
      3. Photo ID
        • A driver’s license or other picture ID is required for whoever is enrolling the child. If your name is not listed on the child’s birth certificate, you must bring proof of guardianship (durable power of attorney or other court documents) in order to enroll. Call Planning and Student -services at 801-567-8259 between 8 am and 5 pm with any questions.
      4. Immunization Records
        • Your child’s previous school or pediatrician can provide you with a copy of their immunization records.
      5. Academic Records
        • You must formally withdraw your child from their previous school before they can enroll in a new school. When you withdraw, you should request a complete unofficial transcript with immunizations and a copy of any IEP/504 or other accommodations.
  5. Skyward Account
      • One the JSD Enrollment Page, use the “Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment” icon if:
        • You do not currently have a Skyward account in the Jordan School District
        • You are not the first guardian listed on the account (However, if you are the second guardian on an existing account, you may use the first guardian’s login rather than creating a Temporary Account).
        • If you encounter any problems, use the “Temporary Account” link and check the “I don’t have an email” box for now (your email can be added later by the school registrar when your online enrollment is complete).
  6. Login to Skyward and Complete the Online Enrollment Application
  7. School Fees
    • See the School Fee Schedule for a breakdown of school fees.
    • You can pay fees or apply for fee waivers online or in person at the school’s front office.
    • If you are registering partway through the school year, the front office can tell you the prorated amount of school fees you need to pay.
    • In your Skyward Family Access, you can pay school fees or lunch money from the “Fee Management” and “Food Service” menus on the left side of the screen.
  8. After finishing steps 1-7 you are ready to bring your documents to the school and complete the registration process. If you would like more information about HVMS click on the  Hidden Valley Website  link. Welcome to the Hidden Valley Hawk Family!